Each time there is talk of a Thunderbolt connector associate it with an Apple connector, but the truth is that Apple is not the creator of that interface, have only been the first to implement this type of cable for your computer, perhaps because of its proximity between the two companies. The creator of such high-speed connector is Intel, and just a few hours ago we presented an update on this.
Today began began a new version of Computex, the largest technology fair in Asia to be held in Taipei, and with this many companies in various technological areas began to submit all their news, and one of those was Intel who introduced us to the third version Thunderbolt, this time with amazing transfer speeds and adopting USB connector Type-C to catch up with this port which apparently here to stay for its multiple uses.
Among the main features of Thunderbolt 3, we can find:
- Includes USB Type-C connector.
- It is compatible with USB 3.1.
- Supports supplying electric current 15W to 100W or without USB specifications Power Delivery.
- Your bandwidth has increased to above -Regarding version to achieve 40Gbps.
- Thunderbolt 3 supports two monitors at resolutions up to 4K at 60Hz, or a single monitor to 5K and 60Hz.
- Monitors 2.0 HDMI technology will be supported, but by means of an adapter, while using DisplayPort 1.2 operate natively.
With the features of this new interface connection, we could be talking about a clear candidate for the best type of connection, and as much as it can reach a huge variety of devices, from computers to tablets, giving fluency data transfer, which is important for several sectors that need high transfer rates to get the most out of their computers, and with this new Thunderbolt three have the best option in the market.